Orphans with Arthrogryposis

There are kids with Arthrogryposis all over the world who wait for a family to call their own. Every child should have a Mama and Papa to love them. Sadly many kids will never know the love of a family as they will live out their shortened lives in institutions. The children posted here are from Reecesrainbow.com If you can't adopt, you can donate to their grants on reecesrainbow.com Don't leave them to die in institutions.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Isn't he adorable!!??


This little guy in waiting in C*hina for a forever family. 

He just a little over 1 year old. 

He healthy and cognitively on track 

He has upper extremity arthrogryposis 

He has been in physical therapy for 2 months 

He is pulling to stand 

Could he be your son?!?!?!

If you want to learn more about him see these blog posts: The gift of a home and still waiting

If you want to know more about how to adopt him click here (and then hit "contact me" to the right) 

I have upper extremity arthrogryposis (as well as lower extremity) and my arms looked just like his does when I was born but I got immediate treatment in the form of occupational and physical therapy, stretching and splinting. I have had just a few surgeries on my upper extremities because I have adapted  well to using my hands/ arms like they are. Despite the fact my hands are clubbed, my elbows no longer straighten out, my shoulders are severely limited and only 2 fingers and my thumb can truly flex I am able to cook, dress myself, bathe independently, I drive an unadapted car, I brush my own hair and teeth and I live 100% on own. 

So you see this little guy has a TON of potential if given the opportunity to be a in family and has access to medical treatment! 


No comments:

Post a Comment